after months of agitation and emails and zooms, the board of the malibu art association is gonna hand over the keys. here is the email from our point man--who is already exhibiting being bit by power--but who cares, we go from here.
Dear Pamela and Members of the Board,
I had the pleasure of speaking with Pamela LeGrand today, and I wanted to share how encouraged I am by our conversation and by the opportunity ahead for the Malibu Art Association.
Pamela was extraordinarily gracious and candid with me. We had a wonderful conversation about the history of the Association, the tremendous amount of time and effort that she and the other board members have contributed over the years, and the challenges the organization has faced through the Woolsey Fire, the pandemic, the Palisades Fire, and everything else that has affected our community.
Most importantly, Pamela expressed her support for my assuming the position of President as part of a new board and for moving forward with a smooth and positive transition. I am grateful for her confidence and for the willingness of the current board to help the next group of volunteers carry the Association forward.
I approach this opportunity with enormous respect for what has already been built. The Malibu Art Association has been part of this community since 1963, and that history matters. My focus is on building upon that foundation and bringing fresh energy, new members, new opportunities, and greater visibility to the Association.
I am excited by what we may be able to accomplish together. I see opportunities for exhibitions, community events, education, mentorship, scholarships, stronger relationships throughout Malibu, and, subject of course to our bylaws and the wishes of the membership, potentially an even broader celebration of the arts in the years ahead.
The immediate priority is simply to put together a complete and capable incoming board, make sure everyone is properly qualified as a member, and provide the current board with the information it needs to consider and approve the transition in an orderly manner.
I also want to express my sincere appreciation to Pamela LeGrand and every member of the current board who has kept this organization alive through some extraordinarily difficult years. Volunteer organizations exist because people are willing to give their time and energy to something they believe in, and that contribution deserves our gratitude and respect.
I am looking forward to working with all of you and, hopefully, beginning an exciting new chapter for the Malibu Art Association.
With gratitude and enthusiasm,

No comments:
Post a Comment