Sunday, June 3, 2012

Late Notes, early June 2012

Check this out! I'm stoked! I went to hang out at this place I used to live, high up in the mountains by the sea. I needed some mountain magic to help pass a big piece of writing or it might’ve killed me. When you’re an artist you have to get rid of stuff or it’s ugly, ugly. I got the writing out of the way, or got it out at least. I was able to puke up the pieces. Yes, the work of writing is a bunch of puke and shit. Where was I? Oh yeah, art discovery. Got back from the writing retreat wanting to make visual art, couldn’t look at a page of words if you paid me. Previously I’d been trying to figure about how to make one of the primary components of my art myself, instead of buying pastels for two bucks apiece. It’s the colorless oil pastel I use to rub out dry pastel that makes the colorfields I do, and I knew I should be making them myself instead of melting down a box into a block. What I'd been doing.  I’d already bought bees wax and paraffin and other types, but they didn’t have that oily skid the two dollar sticks did. All afternoon I heated up and melted stuff, and although I didn’t get the recipe tonight, I will soon, and from there on I’ll be able to make big cakes of it. Happy artist. A few days of art, then back to making the puke and shit beautiful. I'm not writing a novel! It's a novella I might slap onto parts of the first novel..Who knows? Who cares? Not me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment